Guru Purnima Celebration In Schools

Guru Purnima is a very big festival of India. It is a festival where students try to show their love and gratitude towards their teacher or in better terms, the Guru. Guru is a combination of two Sanskrit words namely “Gu” which means the darkness and ignorance in a person and the second word is “Ru” which means remover of the darkness. So the word Guru actually means the remover of the darkness and ignorance in a person. When a child starts to grow up the first thing that the parents do is send the child to a school. The main reason for that being they want their child to grow up to be a good person and a good human being. That is the work which the Gurus do. They try to transform a child into a good human being. This is also a big reason why Guru Purnima celebration in school is done every year to make them understand the role of the teachers in a student’s life.

If you check the internet then you will find the pictures of various schools where Guru Purnima is celebrated. The teachers get a day off and the students take over to give them a bit of enjoyment and relief for the day. Good food is ordered for the teachers and there are various songs and recitations that are done for the teachers. In the rural areas there is the tradition of Padapuja which means washing the foot of the Guru or the footwear which the Guru wears. All the programs and everything are organized by the students. In Shirdi this festival is celebrated for 3 days and lots of people from various parts of India go there to see the festival.

Guru Purnima Date - When Guru Purnima is Celebrated? How Guru Purnima is Celebrated  

Search